Back to news 2016-05-10
Interpipe in Africa
Andrey Burtsev, Vice President of Pipe Sales on MENA market:
- What are your current activities in Ghana? Which projects are you involved in?
- What are your current activities in Africa? Which projects in which countries are you involved in?
Egypt is a story of long term partnership. We are shipping pipe products there since 2010 and now are one of the major suppliers in the country. We are providing both construction and oil & gas companies in Egypt.
Among the most famous construction projects with our pipes are Cairo Festival City and Grand Egyptian Museum. Big amount of hotels, hospitals and airports are built with using Interpipe pipes.
Moreover, Interpipe is approved in major oil & gas and construction companies, for example, Agipa, FS Oil Company and Joint Ventures British Petroleum.
- On a map from 2013, I saw that Interpipe had activities in Ghana, Sudan, Nigeria, Cameroon, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco. Are you still active in all those countries? If not, why did you stop working in a specific country? Are you active in new countries in Africa? On which projects?
- Are you willing to expand to new countries in Africa? Which ones or which projects have you identified?
- I heard the minister talking about a new pipeline project by GNPC and ENI. Will Interpipe be interested in this project?
- An extension of the West African pipeline is being prepared. Will Interpipe bid to build it?
- What share of your activity does Africa represent?
- Are you willing for this share to expand?
Interpipe is global producer of steel pipes and railway wheels. The company’s products are marketed in more than 80 countries around the world through a network of sales offices located in key markets of the CIS, the Middle East, North America, and Europe.
In 2014 the company’s enterprises produced around 850 thousand tons of pipe and wheel products.